Thursday, August 25, 2011

8-21-11 October Fest @The Nerd

Friday Night Went to the Bees(vs Iowa Cubs)game with the Boys,Woke up @Scotty's Sat.This started the weekend adventure!Rode my bike 9.0 miles home,Got overnight gear,Rode to the mouth of LCC,(8.6 miles)Hitched Up with all my gear(No stashing bike)Big, Sprinter van pulls over and the driver yells"Hurry up Burke!"YEA Its Greg,Mr Adjust a grill and Rag singer!!!He is in a hurry cause his band is playing @ the tram bar,He also gives warning about how October Fest works(No outside Beer on the Deck)And other silly rules(Not a lot of Locals up)I hit my locker and head to White Pine trail head(Yup,I already have and have been using my season locker!!)Hide bike and head up the trail into the Sunset...Arrive at Twilight,Snack,Beer and Bedtime!(Thx for the Tarp)Morning comes late,Ronniee has Coffee and food(YES!)We head out to Snowbird via a single track trail from the trail head to Gadzoom Lift,Its sooooo busy they are running the Shuttle Bus(RED One)We ride to the Center, hit my locker,Get the Ski gear(Ron ride's my 123's)Blue Tram up"Isn't Solitude going to miss you this season?"Asked the Operator,"Yea,I guess?"(I'm already missing Sunday's @Soli!!)We hike over too and Ski Mark Malu,Then we round the bend and Hike up Pipeline Bowl...Tons-o-Snow here!!!This is where we ski on Sept.1st!!!We hiked back up to the tram and catch the 2nd to the last one down(neither of us had a watch,We got a little nervous cause we didn't want to miss last tram down.)We hiked back down the single track trail to white pine and split from hear(It was dark by the time I'm riding Down Canyon)Lastly, I whistle and hear Ron yell threw the Forest!!Great Day with the MAN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment