Thursday, October 6, 2011

10-05-11 Park City Wind Turbine

Marc and I went up to remove the JLG,Move the Co Trailer to the Mid Mt Maintenance Area and do a little Electrical work.The wind was Really moving(Out in front of a BIG STORM Coming!)We had to get up on the lift to Install the Electical Harness,Add 2 more tie downs(With no power, the Blades would just FREE FLY!)That's what she wants to do,SPIN!I've never been so scared in my life!!Wind howling soo bad it was hard to stand, Much less work...The blades where making noises,Moaning, wanting to snap all our tie downs and send us to Heaven...WOW,We did IT!!(My Boss knew I was terrified and was willing to do the job alone,) No!Let's get this DONE!Next step was to move the Trailer,Then the JLG(In the rain,My Boss did It)It took about 2 Hours to drive the Lift all the way to the Base area,We even had to drive on surface roads threw town...All of this before 14:00...What a work Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment