Wednesday, January 4, 2017

CC Newsletter

Casual Commuting the Cottonwood Canyons,
I do this year round,......Sometimes I even have My Bike with Me,... Its all about My hand held Sign and standing in a safe and convenient spot.....By example I help with the Nightmare of the Holiday Canyon Travelers and complete gridlock caused by Single Drivers,... Its time to fix this issue before the next Holiday Season.


My Plan involves the State of Utah (UDOT), Salt Lake County, City of Holladay, Cottonwood Heights, Sandy, US Forest Service and any other Public Entity that could help.
By pooling together Highway funds and having Udot build a Wide, Well lighted Shoulder at the mouth of Big Cottonwood, Expand south from the NEW Gutter/drain.
This is a no Parking But OK To install Chains AND where Brighton puts up their "Casual Commute to Brighton" sign, Small prints reads "You will never be turned back from the Loop with 3 or more Passengers" This will help everyone and someday end the One Person problem heading up to occupy 2 parking spaces (Utah BigHorn Oversize Nightmare Ram Diesel Truck, 4x4 plus dual rears!)  You know who you are.....

Snowbird already has an "I Ride Snowbird Program" Its all about 3 or more per Vehicle heading up Canyon.....Its time to Expand this with a Well lighted, Oversize Cain up and No Parking Shoulder at the Mouth of Little Cottonwood ... Walk, Bike or get dropped off Here at the Snowbird Sign where it reads "You get preferred and FREE parking at Snowbird with 3 or more people per Vehicle!"
It will be used year round (I'll be the one standing there, At the Snowbird sign, With my bike in tow for the tour of Utah bike race August 2017....I'm hoping Snowbird will also install a casual commute sign at the Swamp lot and near the mouth of Big Cottonwood near the Snowbird Billboard. (One person in a car heading up canyon will not pass up 3 chances to get a prefferd/FREE Parking spot)

Your Welcome Brighton and Especially SNOWBIRD!!!! (Solitude Jumps in with their own Canyon Shuttle, Nov. 2019) Alta,..... What is Alta? I don't know, I think its a Town of 420 permanent residences that use Public Land for their own little Private Resort,.... Hell Everyone Loved East Germany til the Wall came down right?.....)

I'm here to help Spearhead this plan for my beloved Snowbird....
I can't name how many times I've been asked "Do you work for Snowbird, You haven't quite talking about them".... That's just a carpool ride up, Wait til the lift rides begin...
Adding a Sign down will be Important too, That's up to the resorts and would VERY Helpful for the Kids/Workers that missed the last Bus down or Work year round...
Why am I doing this now? Born and raised here in Holladay,UT. Skiing for the last 4 decades with no Car, I have no choice but to ride My Bike from Moms House, Past Mitt Romney's Dream Home, Up to the Mouth of BCC  via the newer Creek Trail where I park My bike a decide where to go.....(Gridlock at the mouth of BCC has been the worst ever!) Changes are coming, With this plan We will never see a Fee to enter Big or Little .... That is if you have 2 or More riders,... Single drivers will have to Pay or be told to turn around and come back up with 2 or more ..... Kinda like a red Air Day,... Or even better "Chains/4x4 AND 3 or more only allowed up canyon today". 

Read more about Me in the February 2016, Hardcopy of Powder Magazine, Page 46    

No comments:

Post a Comment