Friday, December 24, 2010

The lost Ski/Power failure @ Solitude

You think you got this,No...Used the metal detector,Found the pole I Stashed...The 155 remains hidden!!!This is after 2 sessions of looking, Thx Eric for the help!PM session I heard a crack, look over and watch this big boy evergreen fall onto one of the summer Mt Bike Trails.WHOA!But that wasn't the scary part, Being roped off Double Ego was sketchy.....But on the other hand I was only stuck for about 1 hour.Had was running top shack,I'm only out 2 chairs(Over Eagle Ridge Run)She Keeps me informed(Hang on Burke,Ski Patrol is Coming...Oh Yea they just called to confirm we have the rope belay swing at top shack)Get a call from CR,She's about 1/2 way up Sunrise.Oh NO!
Hear comes Patrol..."Hang on Burke, we got you....Your the first on off"First rope went way off, next they hung the rope from the cable out from top,Hear comes Spnc to really help me down with clear and precise instructions,He even let me hold my pack(Had the Metal detector on board)Rope on, sit on board,Slip over the seat and get belayed down....2 of my worst nightmares happened in 2 Days..I'm OK..What can you DO? Drove to the Village to hit lost and found and file a missing Ski report...Let Admin in on What happened on the rope down...Love praising how good patrol and the lifty's did in this difficult time...Zac/Phil/Betsy and Others....Before leaving I walked up to Apex to see whats going on on Sunrise...Still many folks including CR?Still Stuck.....Oh Sh*T I'm out of here!!Clock tower time stuck at 13:03 or so....Left @ 15:45....Glad these last 2 day's are done!!!!Returned metal detector to Dad.......Thx Andy and Stan....

No comments:

Post a Comment